Everybody is talking about the new healthy and low-fat pizza. But what is the secret? Easy: a cauliflower base! You will be suprised how easy it is to bake it. Vegetarians and veggie lovers will be glad with this recipe. A cauliflower base pizza with vegetables and mozzarella.
- 1 cauliflower.
- 1 egg.
- 2/3 cup of grated mozzarella cheese.
- Tinned tomato for the pizza sauce.
- 1/2 sliced tomato or grape tomatoes.
- 1/4 sliced red bell pepper.
- 1/4 sliced green bell pepper.
- 1/4 sliced onion.
- 1 cup of grated pizza cheese.
- Fresh basil leaves.
- Baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and put the baking sheet on the oven’s tray.
- While the oven is heating, clean the cauliflower and grate it using a box grater until you get cauliflower crumbles.
- Then place the crumbles in a bowl and put it in the microwave for 8 minutes.
- Remove it from the microwave and add the egg, a little bit of salt and the grated mozzarella cheese. Mix everything until you have a uniform dough.
- Once the dough is ready pat it to get the round pizza base shape on the oven’s tray where you have previously placed the baking sheet.
- Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- When the base is baked pour the tomato sauce on it and top it with the grated piza cheese, sliced tomatoes, onion, bell peppers and oregano.
- Place it in the oven again and cook it 5 to 10 more minutes, until you see the melted cheese.
- And, for the final touch, place some fresh basil leaves on top of it.
There you go! An easy and healthy way to eat home-made pizza. Perfect for kids also! And you can add whatever you want as a topping. Try ham or turkey, or some other vegetables such as zucchini, avocado or brocoli. Don’t be afraid to get creative, and enjoy your meal!