The Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest ways of eating but also lifestyles. That is why we bring you this chicken recipe inspired in the Mediterranean diet and its benefit. You will love this Greek penne and chicken recipe which combines the best foods from two Mediterranean countries such as Greece and Italy. Once you have tasted the flavour of this lands you will not come back from there!
It’s actually quite an easy and quick recipe, who doesn’t have pasta and chicken at home? Let’s start the Greek penne and chicken recipe!
- 1 package of penne pasta. For one person I recommend 100 grams of pasta.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 1/2 chopped red onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 pound of skinless and boneless chicken breast halves.
- 1 tomato.
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- 3 tablespoons of fresh prasley.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- 1/2 cup of sliced black olives.
- Black Pepper.
- First of all, boil water in a large pot. Add salt and once the water is boiling add the penne pasta. You can remove them from the fire and drain them once they are al dente.
- While the penne are getting cooked, cut into bite-size pieces the chicken breast, chop the red onion, the parsley and the tomato, and mince the garlic cloves.
- Then, in a large pan pour the olive oil and wait until is hot, but not too hot. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- After that, add the chicken and continue cooking for 5 or 6 more minutes, until the chicken is golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the chopped tomato, the feta cheese, the fresh parsley, the sliced black olives, the lemon juice, the dried oregano and the penne pasta.
- Cook until it heats, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season it with salt and pepper and serve warm.
- Bon appétit!