Being celiac or gluten intolerant doesn’t mean you can’t eat cupcakes from time to time! You can always replace the ingredients that contain gluten by others that don’t. So don’t worry, you don’t need to ban cupcakes of your diet. Take a look to our gluten-free cupcakes and enjoy them! You can also get some information about gluten, its effects and the celiac disease if you read our article about the gluten-free diet.
For the cupcakes you will need:
- 75 grams of rice flour.
- 25 grams of cornstarch.
- 110 grams of sugar.
- 100 grams of unsalted butter.
- 2 eggs.
- Vanilla or caramel essence.
- 2 spoons of milk.
- 1 teaspoon of leavening.
For the buttercream you will need:
- 150 grams of butter.
- 200 grams of powdered sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or caramel essence.
If you want to decorate you cupcake you can add fondant, sprinkles or glitter.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- On one hand mix the riceflour and the cornstarch with the leavening.
- On the other hand whip the butter with the sugar and we add the eggs one by one.
- Add half of the flour mix, the milk, the vanilla essence and stir.
- Once it’s mixed add the rest of the flour.
- Put the paper cups in the tray and fill them with the dough but leave 1/3 empty so it has some space to grow during the cooking.
- Keep the in the oven 15-17 minutes, and meanwhile let’s do the buttercream.
- Mix the butter with the powdered sugar.
- Add the the vanilla or caramel essence and the coloring.
- Whip until you get the color you want.
- Once the cupcakes are done we let them cool down.
- Then add the buttercream on top of them. You can put some fondant, sprinkles or glitter to decorate.