During summertime salads help us take care of ourselves and mantain our body weight, although, whith cold weather we don’t feel like eating those tasty salads anymore and our body asks for hot meals that will ease the low temperatures. In order to keep your figure we suggest this tasty but low calory recipe: a zucchini cream soup.
Zucchini contains 95% water and has barely any calory, that is why it is perfect for your diet. It is also rich in fibre (between 0,5-1,5 g for each 100 g), minerals and oligoelements. It also contains phosphorus, potasium, magnesium and calcium.
Zucchini cream soup recipe.
Ingredients for two plates:
- Two zucchini.
- Half onion.
- A small potato.
- 1 vegetables bouillon.
- 50 ml of evaporated milk.
- Peel the potato, chop the onion, and rinse and cut the zucchini. It is important not to peel the zucchini in order to give the cream some color.
- Boil a little bit of water and add the vegetables bouillon, dilute it and add all the vegetables. Boil everything till it’s tender. You can do it in a normal pot or with a pressure cooker. If you you use the pressure cooker be sure to count 5 minutes since the pressure regulator goes up.
- As the zucchini looses a lot of water, get rid of part of the liquid of the pot in order to avoid watering the cream down, leave just a little bit. With a manual blender crush all the mix until the vegetables are completely squashed. Add the evaporated milk, you can also use cream but it has more calories, and keep blending for a few minutes. Season it to your liking and add a touch of nutmeg. Bend it again for some seconds to mix everything. Ready to serve!
- You can eat this cream cold or hot.
- If you want to add a creamy touch try adding some white cheese blocks, you will need 5 more or less for two plates.
- Try adding leek and you will see the taste it gives to the mix.